Las Vegas station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caravanman

Engineer
Hi, rollers, if you will pardon the pun! I know it's Xmas day and most "normal" people are otherwise engaged, but time flies, even today, and I need some info!

So, I am coming back to America to play on Amtrak in a few weeks and still havent finalised my itinery. It seems a shame to ride straight past Las Vegas, so I am considering a "stopover" for 24 Hrs. How far away is the station from the town centre, and any recommendations for hotels near the station?

Happy winter solstice !

Ed. B)

Doh...! I looked again and there isn't a rail station there, even though its on the Southwestern Chief timetable! B)

I believe the bus still arrives at the rail station that no longer sees passenger rail service, as do other stations around the country like Waldo, Ocala, Dade City, and Wildwood.

First let me make sure that you realize that the Las Vegas stop listed on the Southwest Chief's timetable is Las Vegas, New Mexico. It's not Las Vegas, Nevada the gambling capitol of the US, also commonly known as Sin City.

If you want to visit Las Vegas, Nevada, then you'd need to detrain in Needles Arizona and then take a connecting Thruway Bus 124 miles to Sin City. Now it's my understanding that the station at Needles isn't anything special. Anthony can probably tell you more, since this is his home stop.

Back