Late California Zepher

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Engineer
Honored Member
Aloha

Anyone know why Amtracts reports train 6 Late?

As of the last report at 9:47 PM, between Naperville, IL and Chicago, IL, it was running 7 hours and 24 minutes late.
Mahalo

Eric

GG-1 said:
Aloha
Anyone know why Amtracts reports train 6 Late?

As of the last report at 9:47 PM, between Naperville, IL and Chicago, IL, it was running 7 hours and 24 minutes late.
Mahalo

Eric
Well at risk of being silly, Amtrak reports the train as being late simply becuase it's late. :lol: :D

However, more specifically I suspect that the train is late due to a rock slide that caused a derailment of a coal train, west of Denver in the mountains. So the Zephyr had to take a detour, which I'm sure at least contributed to the delay, if not being totaly responsible for causing the delay.

AlanB said:
However, more specifically I suspect that the train is late due to a rock slide that caused a derailment of a coal train, west of Denver in the mountains. So the Zephyr had to take a detour, which I'm sure at least contributed to the delay, if not being totaly responsible for causing the delay.
Mahalo for this Information

Eric,

You can find a short story on the rockslide/derailment here from NY Newsday.

I have no idea however, why this was reported in a NY newspaper, but nonetheless it will give you the details. :)

Another problem was that Saturday's #6 had a UP freight on the point as AMTK 151 had issues and was bad ordered at Oakland I know the UP freight definitely stayed on as far as Reno and caused some delays count not able to run at 79 in those areas it is allowed to.

I saw it that day running about an hour down in West Sacramento.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back