Leaving tomorrow for San Francisco

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NativeSon5859

Conductor
I can't believe it's finally here! Tomorrow I'll be flying from New Orleans to San Francisco. There, i'll be spending a night with my friend before heading out on a long three night journey the next morning. I'll be on #6 from EMY to CHI, connecting to #59 to NOL. I originally had room #14 out of Emeryville but I just changed it to an upper-level room (#9) because I don't want to miss out on the scenery, regardless if the ride is more bumpy or not. The connection in Chicago should be interesting to say the least. I've been following train 6 for the last week and a half, and it looks like the connection to 59 is made about 50% of the time. Needless to say i'm keeping my fingers crossed. It just adds to the excitement of it all. CHI to NOL I have room 3.

Expect a big trip report once I get back!

I took the same trip in June with a lower level room. There was nothing wrong with the view. I recommend it since there are multiple bathrooms and a shower a few feet away and less foot traffic.

When you check the lateness of train 6 be sure to also check train 59. The Zephyr looked like it was going to arrive in Chicago after 8 but finially arrived at 7:30. The City of New Orleans did not leave until 9 (1 hour late).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back