LIRR Train Service.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AlanB said:
TP,
Did you hear if the LIRR picked up the option on the M7's contract?

I hadn't heard if they exercised the second option. If they didn't, then I don't think that they will have enough new M7's to fully eliminate all M1's. Although they will be able to loose most of the M1 fleet, with what I'm positive they have ordered.
Boy do I need to do a better job of reading things sometimes...

To amswer the question from what I hae heard (and this is heresay so probably not themost reliable info) that the second option was picked up for the remaining cars and that the M-3's will be refurbished and remain in service.

Sorry didn't see the question there

The LIRR has no M-2 cars and they never had any ever on the property. They have only had M-1's and M-3's. The M-2's are only found on the New Haven Branch of the MNCRR and they have pantographs. As for how many M-1's are left I'll have to check I'm not sure.

Amtrak Railfan said:
Is the LIRR will have a Special Schedule on New Years Eve/New Years day I think?
They do every year they will add extra trains for New Years Eve and run a Sunday schedule on New Years Day, detailed information will be on the website.

Back