Long Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bsmith

Well....it's just over a month before I take the first Amtrak trip in about 10 years. Even tho I really enjoy the solitude of a bedroom and a long trip, I have found it better to fly and spend most of my time at the destination. Recently I have thought of the trips long ago and how I enjoyed them. That's when I decided to take another land cruise. I will leave from Columbia, SC on the 18th of April at 2:45am (better than riding the Bus from Augusta to Savannah and still have to wait for three hours (if the train is on time) in a ratty old station. I also often think , if only the interstate highway project had included a two way track in the center. This would have added about 1/3 to the cost of construction, but would have provided the infrustructure for high speed rail all over the country. I wonder if people would take advantage of the rails and cut down on fuel and pollution. Anyway back to the trip....From Columbia it's off to Orlando where I depart on the "Sunset Limited" to LA, spend two days in LA and then the "Chief" to Chicago, the "Capitol Limited" to Washington and the "Star" back to Columbia. Looking forward to the trip and interested to find out how service is now. Still concerned about meals for first class passangers. Anyone heard anymore than what I read on this forum a few weeks ago?

bsmith said:
Still concerned about meals for first class passangers. Anyone heard anymore than what I read on this forum a few weeks ago?
So far there's been no release from Amtrak on sleeper passengers paying for meal and if it does go into effect, it won't be until April 26. However, there is a limitation on how many passengers per room can recieve free meals.

Standard Room - 2 Adults

Deluxe Room - 2 Adults

Family Room - 2 Adults and 2 Children

Accessible Room - 2 Adults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back