Movie--"Continental Divide"

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

National Limited

Service Attendant
I just caught the tail end of a movie, "Continental Divide" on AMC staring John Belushi. There is an Amtrak train used traveling from Chicago to some place in Wyoming. I curious to know if anyone knows of this movie and what type of equipment is used. I think they were in a Heritage sleeper. Frankly, from the look of it, it looked nicer than the current sleeper equipment.

I would be veryt surprised if the train interiors weren't Hollywood sets or, at the very least, extremely "dolled up" Heritage compartments. That would explain why they look so much 'nicer' than the real thing out on the railroad today...

I did not see the movie so do not know the answer. But in general I have to agree with railman that sleeping car accommodations are usualy dolled up quite a bit.

It has to show them as larger than they really are, in order to capture the action taking place in them.

Often the doors give it away as a prop---if it has a normal door handle that you twist, you know it is a movie set. Other details will give it away but that is the one I always notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back