Need Opinions from Everybody

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tp49 said:
Viewliner said:
I check feedback as well.  Jets all the way!!!  I'm lucky enough to have Good Playoff Seats tomorrow. :)
So do I...right in front of my parent's nice new plasma televison and the wood stove (much better than a fireplace). Give Peyton "Tennessee Weenie" Manning a good ripping for me. Go JETS! :)
Mine are 5th Row near the mid field behind the visitors bench. Enjoy the game, I sure will.

Viewliner, do you play the sport or just a fan? I usually follow the Patriots for New England pride on TV, but once they were out I've quit football this season. I even had my Patriots shirt on last Sunday. Oh well.

Amfleet said:
Viewliner, do you play the sport or just a fan? I usually follow the Patriots for New England pride on TV, but once they were out I've quit football this season. I even had my Patriots shirt on last Sunday. Oh well.
Just a fan/Jets season ticket holder. I had my beloved Santana Moss autographed Jets NYPD hat on last saturday.

Seats covered in snow and 5 rows behind the visitors' bench, sounds like a recipe for mischief if ever I saw one. Just don't throw any snowballs at the Colts, and if you can't resist the temptation just don't get caught...but because of all the cameras and everything it's just better not to (remember the Giants' fans and all), and it might stay rain anyway. Just don't lose your voice :)

tp49 said:
Seats covered in snow and 5 rows behind the visitors' bench, sounds like a recipe for mischief if ever I saw one. Just don't throw any snowballs at the Colts, and if you can't resist the temptation just don't get caught...but because of all the cameras and everything it's just better not to (remember the Giants' fans and all), and it might stay rain anyway. Just don't lose your voice :)
Don't Worry, I'll probably to busy freezing my a** off and enjoying the Jets (Hopefully killing the Colts, their old enemies from Super Bowl III against the then Baltimore Colts).

tp49 said:
Joe Willie is one of my favorite players even if I never got to see him play :)
I agree. Bad news, someone bought my Turboliner on eBAY, looks like I'll be getting that P-42 with an AEM-7 after all. What Paint Scheme do you guys prefer on it? Phase III or Phase IV?

Get whichever you like better, if it were me it would depend on what I already had.

tp49 said:
Get whichever you like better, if it were me it would depend on what I already had.
A phase III AEM-7 and mainly Phase IV cars, I'm getting a Phase V P-42 for my birthday as part of a set.

Then for realism I'd get a phase III car just to have one. But if you're into commonality I would get the phase IV which could always be converted to phase VI with some creative painting :)

tp49 said:
Then for realism I'd get a phase III car just to have one. But if you're into commonality I would get the phase IV which could always be converted to phase VI with some creative painting :)
Locomotive Or Passenger Car?

Viewliner said:
tp49 said:
Then for realism I'd get a phase III car just to have one.  But if you're into commonality I would get the phase IV which could always be converted to phase VI with some creative painting :)
Passenger car.

tp49 said:
Viewliner said:
tp49 said:
Then for realism I'd get a phase III car just to have one.  But if you're into commonality I would get the phase IV which could always be converted to phase VI with some creative painting :)
Passenger car.
I have 2 amfleet I's in Phase III and Plan to get a Phase III Baggage Car, and maybe some others, so I guess I'm in good shape. Before I know it I'll be in "Hobby Heaven"

You must have won the lottery or somethin to by all this. Save some for us! Glad your enjoying the expansion of your collection. Will you put any moeny aside to start building a layout? B)

Amfleet said:
You must have won the lottery or somethin to by all this. Save some for us! Glad your enjoying the expansion of your collection. Will you put any moeny aside to start building a layout? B)
I won Bingo Actually, I have allowance money saved up, but will probably wait till I get a paycheck from the Camp I start working at this summer (I'll also have time). I'll probably use the allowance for an Acela Set and possibly a Union Station Model, and by waiting, I'll have a lot of trains for my layout including the Walthers Amtrak Superliner HO Set with three superliners, a phase V P-42 and Atlas Snap track.

My cents worth: there are some really good deals for the Acela Trainset. Bachmann was selling them for about $300, but I've found them as low as $150. Check Amtrak's Store online, they had them cheap I believe.

Amfleet said:
My cents worth: there are some really good deals for the Acela Trainset. Bachmann was selling them for about $300, but I've found them as low as $150. Check Amtrak's Store online, they had them cheap I believe.
$200 to be exact, I'd buy from them probably. Where'd you see it for $150?

Amfleet said:
It was at the Big Hobby Show in Springfeild, MA last year. I didn't buy it, but the guy said he was having trouble selling it and that's why the price was so low.
Okay I'll probably wait till I have the next $200 and buy it from Amtrak's Website.

Back