New Member from Altoona, PA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Everyone,

My name is Jared, I live in Altoona, PA and an avid rail fan. Living in Altoona allows me to go railfan at the World Famous Horseshoe Curve and other cool spots in the area. I am glad to be here and to learn everything Amtrak related that I don't know yet. I have only road Amtrak a few times in my life, road the Pennsylvanian at least 3 times now, road the Pacific Surfliner twice, and road my only long distance train the Coast Starlight once from Los Angeles to Salinas, CA. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this forum.

Sincerely,

Jared Klock

Welcome, Jared! I'm a big fan of your AA team, the Altoona Curve (a name that cleverly alludes both to the Horseshoe bend and a baseball pitch) and your mascot, Al Tuna.
As I recall the Altoona Curve have a piece of curved RR track in their logo. I remember watching a game with them vs the Portland ME Sea Dogs a few years ago. I prefer watching the AA teams the stadiums are more intimate and affordable and it is cool to see up and coming players getting their start.

Back