Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AstroCat

Train Attendant
AstroCat here. I have been reading the forum for a few weeks and posting questions as I plan my first trip. I probably will not have much more to say until I take that trip.

This forum seems like a pleasant and informative place for Amtrak conversation, and I like the pro-rail attitude. Personally, I would like to see an improved system of passenger trains in the United States. For travel of less than 400 miles, I think a train should be the preferred choice – assuming the quality and frequency of service was there. It is simply a more efficient use of our resources. For longer trips, the decision is always going to be a trade-off between time and cost; however, it would certainly be desirable to have a viable rail option.

Anyway, as to my handle, AstroCat, it is the same one I use when I post on the rivals.com message boards for college sports (spending most of my time at the Northwestern Wildcats football board where every other member is a Cat of some kind). It seems easier to use the same name on different forums than to maintain multiple identities.

-Astro

Last edited by a moderator:
AstroCat here. I have been reading the forum for a few weeks and posting questions as I plan my first trip. I probably will not have much more to say until I take that trip.
This forum seems like a pleasant and informative place for Amtrak conversation, and I like the pro-rail attitude. Personally, I would like to see an improved system of passenger trains in the United States. For travel of less than 400 miles, I think a train should be the preferred choice – assuming the quality and frequency of service was there. It is simply a more efficient use of our resources. For longer trips, the decision is always going to be a trade-off between time and cost; however, it would certainly be desirable to have a viable rail option.

Anyway, as to my handle, AstroCat, it is the same one I use when I post on the rivals.com message boards for college sports (spending most of my time at the Northwestern Wildcats football board where every other member is a Cat of some kind). It seems easier to use the same name on different forums than to maintain multiple identities.

-Astro
Welcome!

-Astro
Northwestern Whooooo?

Gator's & Seminoles eat Wildcats for Breakfast!!! LOL

:p

Welcome & enjoy your trip. I'm taking mine (1st trip) in 1 month, YEEEAAAHHH!!!!

I'm looking forward both to the trip to the start of the college football season. As you might have guessed, I'm a Northwestern alum (so is Mrs. Astro). We're season ticket holders and the stadium is within walking distance of our home.

Have a good trip yourself,

-Astro

Back