New Senior Vice President of Operations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
From Trainorders, posted by Gene Poon

Dear Amtrak Co-workers:
I am very happy to announce that Bill Crosbie has been hired as Amtrak’s new senior vice president of Operations, effective next month.

Bill comes to us with great technical knowledge and management experience and we are very fortunate to get him. He’s been around railroads and transit systems most of his career. We worked together in Toronto. He was general superintendent of subway transportation from 1998 to 2001 (and before that he was general superintendent of signals, electrical and communications where he did a great job on a big project

rebuilding their signal and electrical infrastructure.)

Bill started his rail career in signals and communications with the Canadian Pacific after getting a degree in electrical engineering, so I’m confident he’s got the know-how and management skills to do a great job here.

A couple of weeks ago, many of you know, Western Region General Manager Bill Duggan announced his decision to retire from Amtrak, after close to 29 years of terrific service, to take a senior position with New Jersey Transit.

Bill began his Amtrak career in 1974 and worked in operations most of that time. He has held management posts in Washington, Boston, Chicago and Los Angeles and rose to Western Region general manager, the position he vacates Dec. 6. I know we’ll be seeing a lot of Bill in the corridor and want to wish him all the best.

I also learned yesterday of Eastern Region General Manager Lynn Bowersox’s decision to resign this month to pursue other opportunities. I’m sure there will be many, as her reputation for dedication, hard work and smart thinking is well known inside and outside of Amtrak.

Lynn joined Amtrak in 1998 as senior director of Communications for the NEC, rose to increasingly important positions of responsibility (including acting NEC President), and made outstanding contributions each step along the way.

These departures were unexpected and led me to re-examine our organization. I’ve determined that the general superintendents who reported to Bill and Lynn will now report directly to Operations Vice President Ed Walker.

For the many of you who work in Operations, these changes won’t affect what you do day-to-day—and you should continue to keep focused on the good job you’re doing. However, they will further streamline the organization. If there are any other changes, I'll let you know.

Sincerely,

David L. Gunn

A couple of weeks ago, many of you know, Western Region General Manager Bill Duggan announced his decision to retire from Amtrak, after close to 29 years of terrific service, to take a senior position with New Jersey Transit.
Seems like New Jersey Transit is a popular "hang-out" for post Amtrak managment.

Amfleet said:
Seems like New Jersey Transit is a popular "hang-out" for post Amtrak managment.
Actually that's where a few of them came from in the first place, including George Warrington. So it's more like they are running home to momma when the going gets tough at Amtrak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back