New Trip Report

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coachseats

Service Attendant
I just updated my website with a trip report on my latest adventure-from Cincinnati, OH's Union Terminal, through the New River Gorge to White Sulphur Springs, WV on Amtrak's Cardinal. Pictures and links included. Enjoy!

Good report, I found the part about the Greenbriar resort to be interesting as I would not think something of that caliber would be found in West Virginia but maybe one day I'll get to check it out.

tp49 said:
Good report, I found the part about the Greenbriar resort to be interesting as I would not think something of that caliber would be found in West Virginia but maybe one day I'll get to check it out.
TP,

Actually that resort is quite famous. The Greenbriar has been around for years.

Alan,

I now see that, they have a really good webpage which I am now looking at :)

I enjoyed your Cardinal report. The references to the Cincinnati station are good and bring back memories. I actually did travel in and out of the station just a couple of times many years ago, when there were a lot trains. At the time I was so young, and there were so many trains and so many beautiful stations still around that I did not properly appreciate it, the way I would now. I also remember the large well kept lawn in front of it which you describe.

Also, like Alan said, that Greenbriar Hotel in West Virginia has been around forever. Too bad you did not eat there.....you might keep it in mind should you make a second trip. I am sure it must be expensive, but at least you would now know to plan ahead. I would like to check it out myself, some day.

Did you go under the mountain at Greenbrier :rolleyes:

Must people do you know but it was know as "Congressional Relocation Facility" in case of a nuclear war.

Your Senators and Reps had only the best

000625A-19s.jpg

more Here

Oh you know those pesty TVs at the height of the Cold War Greenbrier employeed 400 TV repair men.

Can you tell me when any of these special prices come again? I am looking before this May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back