Norfolk Southern Coal Train Wreck

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
This link is to a thread on another forum I look at from time to time. I thought this was an interesting pictorial story of a bad freight accident. Can you imagine what passenger cars would have looked like if they experienced this?

This link is to a thread on another forum I look at from time to time. I thought this was an interesting pictorial story of a bad freight accident. Can you imagine what passenger cars would have looked like if they experienced this?
Wow! There was a coal derailment between FTW and CBR last year that was visible from the Eagle but not this bad! Everytime you hear about a derailment you hope no-one is hurt and theres not much property damage! This one in Indiana was pretty bad, guess the original posts about cars being hit and the station demolished were wrong, think it was train orders where I first saw this? Thanks Tom!

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a grain train wreck the day after it happened, in Kansas about 10 years ago.

The local rabbit population probably went galactic after that! :lol:

I'm not so sure that what we're seeing is the actual wreck.

I think that's where they were putting the remains of cars as they cut things up to clear the wreck off the tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a grain train wreck the day after it happened, in Kansas about 10 years ago.The local rabbit population probably went galactic after that! :lol:

Years ago a Spokane TV station produced a special on the Empire Builder. At one point in the show, the EB was making its way through Glacier Park and the host was interviewing the engineer in the locomotive's cab (lucky him: he and his cameraman got to ride in the engine!) and the engineer was explaining why there had been no bears anywhere near the tracks that day: there had been a grain train derailment in that area, and the bears ate the fermented grain and as a result were all in the detox center!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I saw a grain train wreck the day after it happened, in Kansas about 10 years ago.The local rabbit population probably went galactic after that! :lol:

Years ago a Spokane TV station produced a special on the Empire Builder. At one point in the show, the EB was making its way through Glacier Park and the host was interviewing the engineer in the locomotive's cab (lucky him: he and his cameraman got to ride in the engine!) and the engineer was explaining why there had been no bears anywhere near the tracks that day: there had been a grain train derailment in that area, and the bears ate the fermented grain and as a result were all in the detox center!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bet they were unbearable for days.

Back