Northeast Travel Blog

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Good afternoon all. I join you this afternoon from South Station in beautiful Downtown Boston. I arrived this morning on Delta Flight 660 from Orlando. I'm currently upstairs in the Food Court Mezzanine awaiting boarding for Acela 2167, which is slated for departure at 1:15. When we got on the ground at Logan it was a little shocking since none of us could see the ground due to the heavy fog in the area. After arriving at Logan (on a nearly empty flight BTW), I took the Silver Line from Terminal A here to South Station, the easiest process since seat checks were introduced. I picked up all of my tickets for this trip from one of the new Quik Trak machines, which couldn't be easier to use. Similar to the kiosks that Delta uses for Check In, I just popped in my Guest Rewards card, and it pulled up all three of my reservations, and let me print the tickets. Each reservation print took about a minute, with no agent to hassle me about ID, signing my tickets in front of them, or stapling all my tickets to one of the flimsy paper travel pouches. I've got a Business Class seat on 2167, and am definitely looking forward to my first taste of 150 MPH running. I will be headed down to New Haven today, before heading up to Vermont this evening. I will try to blog as much as I can, and as much as my internet access allows me to.

Good afternoon all. I join you this afternoon from South Station in beautiful Downtown Boston. I arrived this morning on Delta Flight 660 from Orlando. I'm currently upstairs in the Food Court Mezzanine awaiting boarding for Acela 2167, which is slated for departure at 1:15. When we got on the ground at Logan it was a little shocking since none of us could see the ground due to the heavy fog in the area. After arriving at Logan (on a nearly empty flight BTW), I took the Silver Line from Terminal A here to South Station, the easiest process since seat checks were introduced. I picked up all of my tickets for this trip from one of the new Quik Trak machines, which couldn't be easier to use. Similar to the kiosks that Delta uses for Check In, I just popped in my Guest Rewards card, and it pulled up all three of my reservations, and let me print the tickets. Each reservation print took about a minute, with no agent to hassle me about ID, signing my tickets in front of them, or stapling all my tickets to one of the flimsy paper travel pouches. I've got a Business Class seat on 2167, and am definitely looking forward to my first taste of 150 MPH running. I will be headed down to New Haven today, before heading up to Vermont this evening. I will try to blog as much as I can, and as much as my internet access allows me to.
Have a good trip - Look forward to reading more along the way.

I've got to say, I love the Acela. The trip was perfect. We left South Station on time, the crew was very friendly, and the ride was smooth as glass. Even running at 150 MPH it was smoother than any CSX track I've ever been on at 79. We arrived a few minutes early into New Haven, and I was able to get some good video and stills of the train on departure. My buddy and I made our way down to the Shore Line around Milepost 90 and got some pretty good pictures and great video of the Amtrak and SLE action on the route (look for video on YouTube soon). I'm just south of Vermont now, and all is well, except for being tired as hell (been up for 19.5 hours now). Expect my next update late Saturday at the earliest, and keep an eye on YouTube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back