Not Quite Amtrak, but . . .

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalsteve

Train Attendant
I'm leaving next week for a week in France. While I'm there, I'm going to take the Eurostar train through the chunnel to London for the day. I'll try to post a trip report if anyone's interested (and it's not too far off topic)

I am leaving this Thursday for England and Gibraltar. No trains in Gibraltar, but I will ride a couple in England. I'll try to submit a brief trip report also.

Still sort of off the topic, but I just got back from a month in Europe. Here is a link to all the train pictures I took. Didn't get to ride any, but saw lots of them. They're all over the place!

Europe Train Pictures

Tom, how can somebody who has been a devout railfan for FIFTY YEARS go to Europe for a couple of weeks and NOT RIDE ANY TRAINS?????????

Tom, how can somebody who has been a devout railfan for FIFTY YEARS go to Europe for a couple of weeks and NOT RIDE ANY TRAINS?????????
Dan - probably because I had my wife with me!!!!

(Actually we were on a tour and ALL our time was preplaned)

sounds like a lousy tour itinerary if you were there a month and got NO trains! Assuming you did multiple cities, sounds like you gots lots of buses - likely there was plenty of rail service available as an alternative

pismobum said:
No kidding. I'm going to England for 10 days next May and I'll be taking day trips out of London on trains almost every day.

No kidding. I'm going to England for 10 days next May and I'll be taking day trips out of London on trains almost every day.
No train rides because we were on a river cruise. Maybe next time!

MrFSS said:
Dan - probably because I had my wife with me!!!!

(Actually we were on a tour and ALL our time was preplaned)
She's got to go. She aint for you if she doesnt support your railfan habbit. :D

Seriously, My girlfriend does not like trains, but she knows I enjoy them and she would not keep me from riding them.

My girlfriend does not like trains, but she knows I enjoy them and she would not keep me from riding them.
Well - my wife of almost 40 years now has put up with my railfanning, little as it is, all these years. After we finished our EB trip several months ago, she said, "lets do the one across Canada" and she means Hailfax to Vancouver. So . . hopefully one day we'll be able to!

Back