NS Office Car Special

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobWeaver

Lead Service Attendant
I saw this gorgeous train arrive in Augusta last week, it was really a site to see. Does anybody know the time and day that it is supposed to depart Augusta for the return trip? I'd really like to chase it. I would think Monday morning, but that could be wrong. Thanks.

I saw this gorgeous train arrive in Augusta last week, it was really a site to see. Does anybody know the time and day that it is supposed to depart Augusta for the return trip? I'd really like to chase it. I would think Monday morning, but that could be wrong. Thanks.
Probably there for the Masters???

Well all trains are some where because they obeyed their Masters. :lol: :lol: :D

Well all trains are some where because they obeyed their Masters. :lol: :lol: :D
You must have way too much time on your hands, today!!

Yes, it carried the bigwigs of the company down for the tournament. Anybody know when it's due to leave? Or know of how I could find out?

Yes, it carried the bigwigs of the company down for the tournament. Anybody know when it's due to leave? Or know of how I could find out?

As to finding out....here is a random guess. If somehow you can find the number of the frieght dispatch tower, they might help you.

It reminds me of years ago when there was a "mixed train" (i.e. largely freight ,some passenger) out of Atlanta also, coincidentally, to Augusta. Though it had a published schedule they paid no attention to it--just left when the frieght was made up...could be five hours early as easily as five hours late.....so......to get to my point, I had to call thie dispatcher railroad freight yard to get the real low down.

Seems I have also called the dispatcher about the Crescent when I could not get through to the local station, or maybe even before 800 numbers.

As I recall, they are so startled to get a call from "the public" they were usually quite helpful and enjoyed talking to me.. Of course that was before 9/11.

Back