On Wisconsin!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RichBohlman

Train Attendant
Well, doing our final checking and packing. Heading out for the Jackson station at about 1430 this afternoon. The way the 2006 budget is looking for Amtrak, I'm glad we decided to go this winter and not wait till the winter of 2006. We'll be in the windy city tomorrow at about 1000 and take The Empire Builder on to the Wisconsin Dells.

Will submit my trip report when we return.

Take care All - See ya next week!

RIch, your note strikes a familair chord. Who knows how many times during the years, both pre-Amtrak as well as Amtrak, I have ridden a train or trains just in case they won't be around later.

Have a good trip.....and hopefully you can take trains for years to come, but enjoy it while you can, that is for sure.

Just returned home on the City of New Orleans a few hours ago.

I will post a review ASAP. Our trip up was great. 1st day on vacation my wife fell on the sidewalk outside of the resort office because of an ice patch and broke her right kneecap. :(

Billie, the Wisconsin Dells station attendant was wonderful in helping us on our return trip home. All the staff that attended us on both the Empire Builder and The City of New Orleans helped my wife to make her trip home as easy as possible.

I have nothing but praise for all the help she was given in her very painfull situation!

RichBohlman said:
I will post a review ASAP. Our trip up was great. 1st day on vacation my wife fell on the sidewalk outside of the resort office because of an ice patch and broke her right kneecap. :(
Billie, the Wisconsin Dells station attended was wonderful in helping us on our return trip home. All the staff that attended us on both the Empire Builder and The City of New Orleans helped my wife to make her trip home as easy as possible.

I have nothing but praise for all the help she was given in her very painfull situation!
Ouch! :eek:

Sorry to hear about that. Injuring oneself is no way to spend a vacation, but I'm glad to hear that Amtrak came through service wise for you guys.

Looking forward to the report when you have time to post it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back