Orlando bound

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NativeSon5859

Conductor
Well, in about 20 minutes i'm getting a ride to the New Orleans airport, where I will board Southwest Airlines' 7:00am nonstop for Orlando. I am scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 9:35am, so i'll probably hang out in the airport for a bit, grab a bite to eat perhaps, before catching a shuttle to the ORL Amtrak station. The Sunset departs at 1:45pm, scheduled to arrive back in NOL at 9:20am. I will try my best to get a sleeping compartment...would be a first time for me! :)

Anyway, I will write a good report when I get back home tomorrow.

I have been looking forward to this day for a long, long time.

Steve/NOL

Native should have no problems getting a sleeper, unless he meets up with an uncooperative conductor.

I just checked with Amtrak on-line at 9:30 AM and I could have booked 5 standard sleepers if I had wanted to spend about 2 K for the privilege of having 5 bedrooms just for me. :lol: :D Just one sleeper would have cost a bit over $200. If Native wants to splurge he could even get a deluxe room or a family room.

Bottom line, today's Sunset is nowhere near being sold out in the sleepers.

Well if he has trouble getting one I might have to go up to Orlando on Sunday and straighten Stefan (toady's SFA-JAX Conductor) out. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back