P002 and the Amtrak ETA on website ??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakWPK

Conductor
AU Supporting Member
Honored Member
I have followed P002 (the one due in to NOL tonite) on the website today. Right now the site says it left Schriever, LA at 9:01 pm (actual) and is estimated to arrive NOL at 9:00 pm (yep, one minute BEFORE it left Schriever, both in Central Time Zone) That's a two hour and 34 minute route segment per the timetable. It took me a minute to process what it was trying to tell me before I realized that the problem wasn't ME...... According to the web site, it left Schriever 3 hours and 5 minutes late but is only expected to be 30 minutes late when it gets to NOL ( I guess if it COULD get there before it leaves Schriever, it WOULD be only 30 minutes late)........ I think perhaps whoever wrote the software needs to re-think some of the assumptions and math that they used. Maybe instead of Julie it should be named Merlin :lol: :lol: :lol: We were actually looking at maybe taking 92 or 98 to Jax tomorrow and catching Sunset back if the amount of lateness looked manageable.

AmtrakWPK said:
be only 30 minutes late)........  I think perhaps whoever wrote the software needs to re-think some of the assumptions and math that they used.   Maybe instead of Julie it should be named Merlin   :lol:   :lol:   :lol:  
Aloha

I wondered how this timetable was calculated some time I wonder If the Information is reliable

Eric

That's some schedule pad there, have to love the computer system...

AmtrakWPK said:
I have followed P002 (the one due in to NOL tonite) on the website today. Right now the site says it left Schriever, LA at 9:01 pm (actual) and is estimated to arrive NOL at 9:00 pm (yep, one minute BEFORE it left Schriever, both in Central Time Zone) That's a two hour and 34 minute route segment per the timetable. It took me a minute to process what it was trying to tell me before I realized that the problem wasn't ME...... According to the web site, it left Schriever 3 hours and 5 minutes late but is only expected to be 30 minutes late when it gets to NOL ( I guess if it COULD get there before it leaves Schriever, it WOULD be only 30 minutes late)........ I think perhaps whoever wrote the software needs to re-think some of the assumptions and math that they used. Maybe instead of Julie it should be named Merlin :lol: :lol: :lol: We were actually looking at maybe taking 92 or 98 to Jax tomorrow and catching Sunset back if the amount of lateness looked manageable.
Thats about an 1hr and 15 min run from there to the station in NOL

Thanks. I haven't been west of NOL on Sunset. But I was pretty sure it had to take longer than minus one minute. Of interest, 02 is currently something like three hours late, heading east to Jax right now, which is pretty good. I was hoping we'd be able to go today but had other stuff come up. <_<

AmtrakWPK said:
Thanks. I haven't been west of NOL on Sunset. But I was pretty sure it had to take longer than minus one minute. Of interest, 02 is currently something like three hours late, heading east to Jax right now, which is pretty good. I was hoping we'd be able to go today but had other stuff come up. <_<
THAT TRAIN IS "ONTIME!!!!!!" LOL...... :lol: :D

Amtrak OBS Employee said:
AmtrakWPK said:
Thanks.  I haven't been west of NOL on Sunset.  But I was pretty sure it had to take longer than minus one minute.  Of interest, 02 is currently something like three hours late, heading east to Jax right now, which is pretty good.  I was hoping we'd be able to go today but had other stuff come up.   <_<
THAT TRAIN IS "ONTIME!!!!!!" LOL...... :lol: :D
:lol: :lol: Early compared to last week. :lol:

More website wierdness. Checking on the P002 that should arrive WPK tomorrow (21st), if I give HOS and LCH as from/to stations, it gives me the old "no information available" spiel re HOS, with an estimated lateness into LCH. If I use San Antonio as the From station, however, it suddenly adds a progress report: "As of the last report at 6:05 PM, at Houston, TX, it was running 9 hours and 5 minutes late." So if I ask it for HOS-LCH, it just gives an estimated arrival into LCH, insisting it has no information re HOS. If you ask it for SAS-LCH, it suddenly has not just an actual departure from SAS, it also suddenly has a status report as of HOS. Now if it would just make up some time (not holding my breath.....) maybe we could ride it back from Jax tomorrow night.

Here's a real puzzler. P002 is currently 12+ hours late, hasn't got to NOL yet. Hasn't got to MOE, of course, (says it's running 12+ hours late). BUT If you give it LCH and PNS as from and to, it says it arrived at LCH at 3:24 a.m., that there's a service disruption and that it can't give you any more info (but it tells you it got there anyway) and then it says that it got to PNS on time at 6:15 a.m. Did they bustitute the pax that were waiting at NOL?? Or is the PNS arrival report just a silicon daydream?

Continuing website schizophrenia: It says P002 left NOL eastbound at 10:27 am today, just under 12 hours late. It also arrived in PNS at 6:15 a.m. and departed PNS at 6:30 a.m., on time!! I haven't asked Julie. Might be interesting. Maybe she ought to be programmed to say "I have NO IDEA!!" and hang up. :lol: :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back