Pacific View Images

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greetings,

I am in need of some help. My name is Chris Edwards, and I am the owner and operator of Batavia & Ohio Rail Car Co. Last year I purchased Dorm/Lounge 2502 "Pacific View" from Amtrak. Currently I am looking for images of the car in service. The car originally started life in 1950 for the UP as the Pacific View. UP number was 1447. The Amtrak numbers for the car follows as:

Amtrak 2640: Non-HEP

Amtrak 2940: HEP

Amtrak 2502: Dorm/Lounge Service

The car was converted from a 10/6 sleeper starting in 1996 at Beech Grove, and was released from there some time in 1997 or 1998. The car was taken out of service by Amtrak in late 2002 early 2003 due to a fire in the lounge end. I purchased the car from Amtrak in Aug. of last year.

If any one has any images of this car in service please contact me. I am just looking for images for my collection. I can be reached through my website. The website also has images of the car, and the work being done to it.

If any one could help me out I would apperciate it.

Thank you,

Chris Edwards

Batavia & Ohio Rail Car Co.

www.batavia-and-ohio.com

I wasn't aware that Amtrak is selling Dorms. Now we know why there's a Dorm shortage. :blink: :ph34r:

Back