parking at stations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cheryl

My family and I may be taking the Texas eagle from St. Louis to Chicago. other departure choices may be Kirkwood, mo. or Carbondale, Il. But the St. louis station is cheaper. I noticed all three of these stations offer free longterm parking. But it is park at your own risk. Does anyone know how safe it is to leave your car parked in these parking lots? Any other suggestions?

I would assume that it is park at your own risk if it is free long term parking. The situation varies from station to station, but generally the only way anyone would be responsible for your vehicle would be if it was a managed paid parking lot like some of the bigger stations have. However, most of these free long term parking lots at Amtrak stations are safe enough and your vehicle should be fine. I am not from Missouri so I don't know exactly what the neighborhood is like near any of those stations, but you should be able to judge if it looks relatively safe or not. Most of the lots are just fine, at least out west here in California and Nevada. Hope that helps a little anyway.

If the station is close enough, go by and check out the area. Or you can try to call the station for info. I think they would be honest about the parking.

We had a problem in Hialeah,,Fla., but we are on the edge of a rough heighborhood. They were breaking into our cars for a couple of years. We now have a fenced lot for employee's cars and someone is usually there.

Every station is unique! :D

Miami Joe B)

I didn't think they allowed dogs in stations.

Oh, you said "parking", not "barking".

It makes sense now.

Sorry.

Guest said:
I didn't think they allowed dogs in stations.
Oh, you said "parking", not "barking".
:rolleyes:

... unless it's a service animal for a disabled person, of course. :)

I saw one in a coach car over the weekend - it nearly bit the conductor at about 5AM. All we heard was a very loud, angry bark as he was walking past, and we all got to see a nice jump by the conductor :D

The woman let go of the dog's leash once, and it decided to come back one row and sniff me... that must have been around 2AM. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back