Part 2 of my Amtrak Trip Completed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
Just got in about an hour ago from the 2nd and final part of my trip and I'm now back at home. In summary, Silver Meteor #98, while falling up to an hour behind by Jacksonville, arrived into New York, NY 17 minutes ahead of schedule this morning! We had been ontime since about Florence, SC. The on-board crew was great except the LSA in the Diner somehow forgot my room when handing out dinner reservations. I had my door shut and the curtains closed, but I thought I would've heard a knock? It was no big deal as I ate at 9:00pm after all three sitings had ended with one other lady from coach. I don't mind eating late at all and I missed the crowds. More in my trip report...stay tuned!

Sounds like you had a great trip, Jon. Glad dinner and the trip turned out alright. Sorry you didn't get those extra 17 minutes on board though. I remember a similar experience about two or three years ago, being at least an hour behind on 98 and waking up the next morning, with it running way ahead of schedule.

Viewliner said:
Sounds like you had a great trip, Jon.  Glad dinner and the trip turned out alright.  Sorry you didn't get those extra 17 minutes on board though.  I remember a similar experience about two or three years ago, being at least an hour behind on 98 and waking up the next morning, with it running way ahead of schedule.
Are you kidding! I was chearing #98(22) on for an early arrival into NYC. After what we lost in Florida I thought CSX would never dig us out of the hole. Plus, the early arrival allowed me to catch Regional #172 at 10:30am to BOS. Which, meant I didn't have to wait around in NYC for two hours and since I had to catch a bus from South Station to the Cape it was good I got in before rush hour. I ended getting the 3:15pm bus, any later the busses would have been packed with businessmen until 8:00pm.

Amfleet, glad you had a good trip. Now savor the memories.......glad your early arrival helped you out.......great when things work that way.

Finally got part II of my trip report done. It has consist numbers, but the actual report is a bit light as I forgot the details. Ironiclly, I leave tommorrow for another trip. :ph34r: You can find it by using the linkto my site in my signature.

Good report Jon. I personally am a fan of write as you go. While I was in Baltimore this summer I tried my best to write as I went, and well as you can tell it worked out well.

I enjoyed the report, but a little surprised that we didn't here about the trip in between the train trips, but I'm glad you enjoyed the trip. I also tend to write as I go, in terms of the actual rail travel, I do write at the end of the day for the rest of the trip.

By the way, the MHC is added in Washington to handle mail. :D

Viewliner said:
I enjoyed the report, but a little surprised that we didn't here about the trip in between the train trips, but I'm glad you enjoyed the trip.
I can sum up by saying I sat by the pool for 5 days straight not caring about anything. Plus, I've been comming to the same place for the past 10 years so there's nothing really for me to say. Unlike going to Chicago, one of my newer vacation destinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back