Pedestrian killed by Acela Express in PA

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
Pedestrian struck, killed by Acela trainMARCUS HOOK - A pedestrian who authorities said was trespassing on railroad tracks near the Delaware border was struck and killed yesterday by a train heading to New York.
Full story is here.

Not good.

Tresspassing? What a maroon.

Let's hope the anti-rail zealots don't use this as a false issue to attack high speed rail service.

I remember a few years back, when I lived in northern Illinois, and a school bus was hit by a commuter train in Fox River Grove, so many people came out and wrongly placed the blame on the railroad.

All kinds of studies were done and taxpayer money wasted, when it was clearly a case of DRIVER ERROR by a fill-in driver who had no business driving a school bus in the first place.

I drove a cab at the time, and crossed those tracks at least 4-5 times a week, and she had to be a complete idiot to park the back of the bus on the grade crossing!

But, of course, the mindless public masses had to place the blame somewhere, and the railroad was wrongly villianized.

New signs were put up, the trains were slowed down, and the commuting public was needlessly inconvinienced by the result of human error, and a whitewash of the whole incident.

My prayers go out to the engineers who are not to blame for the stupidity of people who put themselves in the path of fast moving trains, and those school children who were killed by the negligence of the school bus driver in the Fox River Grove incident.

Shame on those who allowed themselves to "feel better" by ignoring the sad truth.

Yup.

I was on a METRA train when some joker stepped in front of it.

What a mess!

Sadly this isn't the first time an Acela Express hit someone, and it won't be the last. I guess the NEC would have fewer of these incidents than the rest of the country as it has very few grade crossings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back