Picture our Train Contest

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Each entry in Amtrak's "Picture our Train" photo contest must be an 8x10 color photo of an Amtrak train displaying the current Amtrak logo.
That means one is limited to a P-42, Amfleet, Acela, or a rear Superliner in Phase IVb. I would also think the would want entry photos on slides, not an 8 x 11 print out.

Amfleet said:
Each entry in Amtrak's "Picture our Train" photo contest must be an 8x10 color photo of an Amtrak train displaying the current Amtrak logo.
That means one is limited to a P-42, Amfleet, Acela, or a rear Superliner in Phase IVb. I would also think the would want entry photos on slides, not an 8 x 11 print out.
I would think as long as at least one car shows the logo it would be fine, and somehow I think they mean a printout.

It says you have to be 18 to enter (looks like my dad will be entering for me).

Sean, also the rules say no digital photos.

Well the rules just say it has to be an 8x10, it doesnt say it can't be a print of an 8x10 from a digital camera.

Yes, but even a really good printer does not print good quality photos (the ones you find in publications). I'm not sure but I think Walgreens can take a disk with a digital photo and print it out on photo paper with the photo ink.

Just jumped over there and read the rules for the photo contest again. From the way I read it, I don't think you'll be able to use a digital camera at all. It looks like they want the original negative/transparency to send to the print house to print the calendar. That leaves me out , too :(

I presume that the Talgo trains are current enough of paint schemes for the contest, are they not? They are pretty snazzy.

Just to make sure, which on of the photos in the unofficial Amtrak site would showcase the present--asked-for--logo? I am usually up on these things, but I just want to be sure.

Amfleet%20II%20Coach%2025065.JPG

Well is Amtrak only wants there "Three Sheets" logo it will be a calander of P-42s and Amfleets. I think they should have said "current Amtrak scheme" or listed the type of trains (ie. Surfliner, Amtrak Calfifornia, Cascade Talgo, Acela Express, Turboliner).

Wait a minute... They want us to show a logo that's on the way out to begin with? Something's not right... I got a ton of Shamu shots, but none that show that logo up close... By the way, how are you supposed to showcase a logo that's smaller than a window, anyway?

Amfleet said:
Well is Amtrak only wants there "Three Sheets" logo it will be a calander of P-42s and Amfleets. I think they should have said "current Amtrak scheme" or listed the type of trains (ie. Surfliner, Amtrak Calfifornia, Cascade Talgo, Acela Express, Turboliner).
If that's the case you can also include those few Superliners the Grove put out this year as they have the 3 sheets logo too.

Well the engines are probably going to be your best shot as they have the huge logo on either side by the cab.

I've got one photo that has both a Talgo Cascades train and the Empire Builder with the new logo in the same picture. I am thinking about using that one.

The contest asks for 8"x10" photos. Most of us use 35 mm slides or negatives that comes out to 8"x 12" sizes. If we cropped our photo to the 8x10 size and send it in, that picture wins, and we send in our slide or negative (which is in the original size), will that be a problem, or will Amtrak accept the slide/negative and make the appropriate croppings itself? Anybody know how this will work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back