Planning a Paris-Dhaka journey by rail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 6862

Engineer
Wow. I would be curious to know what route you are taking, particularly on how you would get between Europe (via Turkey presumably, then what?) and India.

I have to point out the journey planning is still in it's infancy but we have visited most of the European coutries mentioned in the route plus Turkey so have a small insight already.

We almost got to Iran twice too but once was stopped by a serious political incident in London which cut ALL diplomatic ties between the UK and Lybia (our route to Iran was overland through Lybia and Egypt but we were stopped from entering Lybia and had to turn back). The second time Covid intervened and stopped almost all travel just we we were about to set off on a London to London eastwards journey via one of the Spice Routes which included Iran.

The 2 countries where adaptabilty is needed appear to be Iran and Pakistan but we have a plan if those countries were a major travel hurdle at the time.

So, this is our hoped for route:

Paris (France)>Switzerland>Germany>Austria>Balkans/Hungary/Romania/Bulgaria/Greece but not sure at this time which route or which countries>Turkey>Iran>Pakistan>India (route unknown except it should/must include Mumbai & Kolkata)>Dhaka (Bangladesh).

It's not fair to hijack this thread with lots of chatter about our plans of which India is only part of it, but if you want to know more as things firm up I'll be happy start a separate thread, titled? Planning for: Paris-Dhaka by rail

Last edited:
Back