Power in Coach

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
On my trip in April I will be going by coach on the Coast Starlight on the first and last days of my trip to save money. I will travel first class on the Empire Builder. Is there power available at seatside in coach? I would like to power a laptop.

denmarks said:
Is there power available at seatside in coach? I would like to power a laptop.
Aloha

I powered mine using a surge protector, Seem to remember it was at seat/row 9 and 59. the space for the plug and seat was tight.

When I boarded in LA I was elsware but got reassigned when I asked tha Attendent, Seat was on the Ocean Side heading north.

Hope this helps.

On the CZ I only noticed one which was were we were seated (thank goodness) It was the same side as the stairwell and about four or five rows back from the stairwell. I would assume there is at least one more on the other end of the car. For cleaning purposes I would assume.

I have been fortunate to have a sleeper for my past Amtrak trips, and have used my dual voltage travel kettle to make "a nice cup of English tea". I just started wondering whether I might be allowed to "brew up" if I travel in coach? I was astonished years ago to find families using portable stoves to cook lunch in the middle of the coach on Indian trains, so I guess it might be ok!

Ed. B)

Back