Pre-gathering report St.Louis

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakwolverine

Engineer
Fist off I would thank rrude AlanB shanghai alanBs insider and anyone i missed who helped make this trip possible you know who you are stand up and be counted.

Ok got off work around 9:30PM and got home around 10:30PM. I stayed up all night packing unpacking and rearranging things for the trip. at 4:30AM I called for a cab and he showed up around 5:05AM. Got to the station around 5:25AM and gave him a $2 tip. the train arrived around 6:30AM about 5 minutes late. Shortly after the cafe car opened I got a turket and swiss sandwhich and a diet pepsi. Outside of jackson MI shanghai called and left a message asking how the train was doing as his was 1:30 minute late following behind the lake shore limited.

I texted him and said the train left jackson ten minutes ago then when i got a steady signal at battle creek MI I gave him a call.Train has been on time most of the way had to stop and wait for NS to clear the line and manteince vehicals out of the way so we could move off the amtrak line and onto the NS line in indiana.The train made it into CUS 20 minutes late. Once there I met up with AlanB and shanghai and met bill The_traveler pennyK mike john peter bill and railroad bill grace alans mother rob and kay-bee. around 1:20PM they called pre boarding for the texas eagle. I shared a roomette with shanghai and our attendent was JIm who was friendly funny and seamed to be around when you needed him.

We departed on time but didn't even make it out of the station before coming to a halt due to a loss of break pressure. About 10 minutes passed and we got underway again only to stop again for track work and to replace the faulty break hose. It would be stop and go all the way to STL due to traffic and signals. The eagle is running a detoured route due to track work and extra traffic slowed us down and we kept loosing time as the eagle was only moving in 2 speeds slow and stop throughout most of the trip. When they came around for dinner reservations Me dick mick and pennyK took the 5:30PM time. I had the BBQ pork spareribs which were good but spicy and had peanut butter chocolate pie for desert Since we were in a sleeper meals are included.We finally made it into STL at 11PM i instead of 7:25Pm due to traffic delays and a rookie UP engineer. Made it to the Hilton by sharing a cab with dick and arrived safe a sound at last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back