Private Car gathering at Omaha for Cheyenne

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agent

Conductor
The private car group AAPRCO (pronounced apper-co) is gathering cars in Omaha for a trip to Cheyenne over the next few days. There should be few private varnishes heading there today on Amtrak #5(13), and some more on tomorrow's California Zephyr, Amtrak #5(14).

Two of these Cars, Central Pacific's "Promotory Point" and a Pullman called "Federal" were on the way to CHI last week on the Back of #22 when I rode the Eagle from Austin to Taylor! Bet lots of the GCT PVs will be going there also on the way back to their West Coast Homes!

Wish I was on one of them!! ;)

Here's Amtrak #5(13) at Agency, Iowa with the private cars Northern Dreams, and Northern Sky from Northern Sky Rail Charters and the Pullman Dearing. Phase I heritage unit Amtrak 156 is leading. I'm guessing it's going to be the power for the excursion.

And here's Amtrak #5(14) with the private varnishes Sierra Hotel, Caritas, Federal, and Promontory Point. I found place that said Federal is oldest car that is certified to be pulled by Amtrak. Does anyone know if that's (still) true?

Back