Saturday parking at Aurora metra stop?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Is there any safe free parking walking distance from the Aurora metra station? I would like to leave my car there from 9 AM till 5 PM on Saturday. I have never been to that station before.

Is there any safe free parking walking distance from the Aurora metra station? I would like to leave my car there from 9 AM till 5 PM on Saturday. I have never been to that station before.
Aurora is where the Forum went on our Metra ride on a Saturday. If you enjoy railroad history you will want to arrive at least a half an hour before train time. The depot was a 40 stall engine house. There are tons of historical pictures and momentos spread out all over the place. BTW, they were having a Farmer's Market type of sale in the parking lot. It looked like it might have been a free lot but I'm not positive since we arrived and departed on Metra. Maybe somebody local like Betty would have better info that I can supply. If all else fails you can call the Metra agent at the station as it is a manned ticket office.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was with that group. There was a farmer market on the parking lot, giving you a chance to try a real food, not hard and green fruit from the grocery store. I would bring my car to park there because it's just for a day.

It's right next to the station.

I called and they said the parking is $1.50 for the full day almost every day of the year for the downtown Aurora stop.

Back