Sean got offered admission to FSU

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations! You have been offered admission to Florida State University. We hope you choose to make FSU your next academic home. Please refer to your admissions packet for additional information.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

TALLAHASSEE HERE I COME!!!!!

FSU isn't on rolling admissions anymore, they just changed this year. And yes there is Amtrak in Tallahassee, in the form of the Sunset Ltd. The dorms are about a mile away from the station, which is convienent for me. Doak Campbell Stadium is maybe a half mile from the tracks. Hopefully after my Freshman year I can find a cheap apartment trackside. :D B)

From fsu.edu:

Q: Do you have rolling admission?A: No. Last year as we neared our application deadline, we initiated a waitlist for the very first time in Florida State University history. The few hundred well-qualified applicants who were placed on this waitlist were ultimately not admitted because our freshman class was full. To help us more effectively meet our freshman enrollment targets for quality and quantity, we have moved away from our long-standing policy of rolling admission, in which an applicant is notified of his or her admission decision within four to six weeks of submitting an application. In place of rolling admission, FSU will be notifying applicants of their admission decisions on specific dates throughout the admission cycle. Decisions for 2005 admissions will be mailed on November 1, 2004; December 15, 2004; February 1, 2005; March 1, 2005; and April 1, 2005.

well, okay :lol:

it's pretty similar to rolling, it seems. they send decisions all throughout the cycle. pretty interesting, nonetheless.

Congrats! :) :)

Congratulations! And the SL running as erratically as it does, there is no hour of the day when you could not reasonably expect to see a passenger train, how ever many hours or days late......just wait long enough and here will come the SL, maybe from the day before.

When I was at the Univ. of Tenn in Knoxville, I could see the trains from one of the railroads which served Knoxvilel from my dorm window.

Congratulations Sean! It looks like you'll be coming up my way. I got my BA in music from FSU and I now in the process of getting my MS at FSU. What are you thinking of in terms of a major? Anyway, welcome to the Seminole family!

To answer the question about Amtrak in Tallahassee. The Sunset Limited stops in Tallahassee. There is a fair amount of traffic on CSX through Tallahassee. I haven't gotten a chance to scope out the rail fanning spots in town. Amtrak just recently pulled out the staff at the Tallahassee station so the station is unstaffed now.

Will Scarboro

Congratulations to you, hope you enjoy the education and school experience. A fine institution down there, one of the best in the country B)

Thankfully you have a nice stress reliever that is pretty close to campus, a nice brisk walk down to the tracks will clear your head and watching the action(hopefully there is action) along the tracks will relieve the stress of all those midterms and finals you are bound to love ;)

whs1325 said:
Congratulations Sean! It looks like you'll be coming up my way. I got my BA in music from FSU and I now in the process of getting my MS at FSU. What are you thinking of in terms of a major? Anyway, welcome to the Seminole family!
To answer the question about Amtrak in Tallahassee. The Sunset Limited stops in Tallahassee. There is a fair amount of traffic on CSX through Tallahassee. I haven't gotten a chance to scope out the rail fanning spots in town. Amtrak just recently pulled out the staff at the Tallahassee station so the station is unstaffed now.

Will Scarboro
I'm planning on Business Administration right now, it's a good general major to move into management. If I hate business I will likely move to Theater Tech or Meteorology. I'm really looking forward to it. A lot of my friends are still waiting to hear, one girl was freaking out because I knew and she didn't. Everyone at school (and here) is really happy for me, and it feels good. Can't wait!

Well kind of. I'd have to leave on a Thursday night and arrive back Monday afternoon. I'm more likely to make a weekend trip to JAX or Winter Park/Orlando.

I started off as a Manufacturing Engineering Technology major and just switched to technical theatre - something I've been doing for seven years now. I just hated learning so much new material when I was so experienced in another field - it felt like wasted knowledge. Once college is over, railroad here I come...

Congradulations!

Back