Should we increase the default font size?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should we increase the default font size?

• Yes, but not much (maybe one or two font sizes at the most)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, substantially (to size 12 or 14)

• No, I like it the way it is

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony

Founder
Honored Member
Please vote in the poll to express your thought as to whether the default font size for forum threads and other items is too small. Feel free to express your thoughts in replies to this topic, in addition to your poll vote.

Anthony,

Why don't you just download a few different skins? There are many skins out there and some already come with different font sizes AFAIK. Then each user can choose the correct skin for his/her needs.

Many (older) users are not technologically advanced enough to use a different skin - these are the same folks that don't know how to use the "Text size" feature in their web browser. I don't know ... it's just a thought ... :)

Maybe I'm missing something then. AFAIK all you have to do is download 2 or 3 skins onto your site. Then each user can go to his/her control panel and simply select the different skins one at a time to see which one they like the best.

I could even write up some simple instructions and pin them to the Announcement forum.

It's as easy as changing the time zone.

I like Alan's idea of adding a few different skins with increased font size. Bigger font in my opinion will make things look a little out of place, especially with longer posts and those members who add pictures to their posts. Frankly, I like the fon't size now and would not like to have it bigger on my end.

Put me on the Alan and Jon bandwagon. I personally use the Blue Skin, and once you know it's there as an option it's cake to do it.

Aloha

I voted a choice, but am reconsidering that a choice that make all confortable is a good thing

Mahalo

please explain "skins" to me

remember not all of us grew up with a computer

our school did not even buy them until years later after almost all public schools had some sort of computer

i think you would be surprised on how many people that are out there that have little or self taught computer skills

Skins are Devices that are installed on the mainframe that change the colors, font sizes, font types, etc. Most people view this site in the standard white IBF, skin which is pretty non-descript. I personally use a blue skin which uses different shades of blue for the backgrounds, and different logos in some places.

I agree with new skins. I use the blue skin and I immediately know that I am not logged in if the white shin appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back