Southwest Chief Sleeper Directionality?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explore

Train Attendant
Presumably like most Superliner trains, you have no idea in what direction they will assemble the sleepers (bedrooms first, or the reverse). Or was Brian Rosenwald rehired to provide a newfound consistency?

And I guess the transition sleepers aren’t yet being sold?

I believe transdorm rooms are being sold on the Chief, I know they are on the Eagle. You're correct about the direction of the sleepers.

I believe transdorm rooms are being sold on the Chief, I know they are on the Eagle. You're correct about the direction of the sleepers.
The Chief I was on in late July did not have a transdorm. The Sunset Limited several weeks ago did not either. As I recall from watching the various Virtual Railfan cameras, I've seen the transdorm on the Empire Builder and Coast Starlight.

One of the advantages of a roomette in a Superliner. If you're traveling alone, is the ability to switch seats to see things 'forward'. In a bedroom or the family room, a forward facing couch is strictly chance.

In a bedroom or the family room, a forward facing couch is strictly chance.
Unless you don't mind using the chair in the bedroom. And I thought the family bedroom has a chair in the opposite direction, same as roomettes? I know leg room is tighter but you still have the option.

Back