spk-sea-pdx

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yarrow

Engineer
far ne washington state, 1/2 mile from canada
too much time between our eb trip to glacier park this past summer and our eb to chicago in november so planned a 3 day getaway to seattle and portland. eb left spk right on time for a quiet trip to seattle. cloudy weather so the cascades and puget sound were pretty but no mountain tops visible. we rode coach and the train was very clean as i noted in the amtrak on line survey(when do i win the $500).

had a 4 hour layover in sea(went to pike place market, the international district and a couple bookstores). the refurbished part of king st station is beautiful but they sure are going slow(funding, i suppose).

rode on the amfleet coaches standing in for the talgos sea-pdx. nice car but not the legroom or panache of a talgo. they sit a little higher for a better view though. sunny weather along south puget sound. very nice ride and into pdx on time.

took the max light rail to our hotel and had 2 great days in pdx.

back on the eb(portland section)for a glorious trip along the north bank through the columbia gorge to spokane. got home right on time. was reminded a lot on this journey of the things you only see from the window of a train. i think i can hold out until the chiago trip now. thanks amtrak and emplyees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back