Sunset Limited timekeeping improving

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
Contrary to the other thread where the Sunset Limited had dismal on-time performance during the month of August, I have seen several accounts of great improvements to this train's punctuality since then. Two officers of a Florida-based rail advocacy group recently rode the Sunset Limited home to Florida. When they confronted the train's conductor with their pleasant surprise at being on time, the conductor told them it has been this way for about six weeks.

Also, somebody in another forum reported that today (December 1, 2002) the eastbound Sunset Limited, which comes through Houston about 11 AM, got into town one hour early and departed exactly on time.

Bill Haithcoat said:
BLessings from Heaven, I hope your reports are correct.......how long have we been waiting for this........
Bill, Couldn't have said it better myself. I hope this is a sign of things to come, and who knows maybe once the equipment is available, its all the more reason to make the Sunset Limited Daily. (The Cardinal Too!!!) B)

The AC on the Sunset said they've been having pretty good performance lately, Eastbound anyway. He says they've been getting in WB on time pretty much all the time. When DHing the equipment from the EB, they have started to just move the engines to the rear of the train through Kaley Yard, rather than wasting twenty minutes going down to Stanton. So for those of you who try to catch them DHing back to SFA, be there 20-25 minutes earlier than the (CSX Employee) schedule says.

Thanks, Battalion, for giving us ADDITIONAL confirmation......I have been wanting to hear this for ages......as I have already said.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back