Sunset Limited today?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
Hey guys.

Well after checking the departure of today’s #1, I received the "service disruption" message. Does anyone know why?

My guess is they decided to hold it in New Orleans yesterday. When I checked, it was 10hrs late yesterday comming in. Sanford dose not have enough reserve equipment to put out another sunset east, so they bus to nol. :( Thats only speculation. Dose anyone know what happened to 92 yesterday? I got the same message.

It arrived into Orlando at about 6:00am this morning and it is/was supposed to go back out at 1:45pm this afternoon. That means there was only 7 1/2 hours to bring the train back to Sanford, ge serviced, bring it south of Orlando to get y'ed, and then pull it back into the station. So it will probably go out late unless Amtrak just annuls it (which I would highly doubt).

I was on that train going east from LA to Houston. We arrived in Houston 7 hours late on friday. It was late because there was a bomb scare and because it was late arriving into LA on wednesday morning. But I did check and my train arrived in Orlando. There actually weren't too many freight delays that trip.

Chris

Here is the lowdown. I got on the Sunset Limited in NOL going to LAX on Friday, May 28th...

Some of the folks that got on in ORL told me they had to be bustituted to Sanford to board the train. It got into NOL about 5 hours late, did a quick load and go and we got to LAX on Sunday 4.5 hours late.

A rather smooth trip from NOL to LAX... I 'll have some info posted in the travelogue section when I get home next weekend.

But the above poster was correct. The #2 train did not get to ORL in time to turn it around. My sleeping car attendant told me that.

The only notable thing that happened was the woman that insisted she had to smoke because of a medical condition (I am dead serious on this one and so was Amtrak)...last I saw of her, she was going into a squad car at the El Paso Amtrak Station.

More later...time to go to the beach!

Tideman

James McKenzie

:D

She finally arrived at 1040pm pacific time last night, exactly 16 hours late. This also delays the departure of #2, as she is yet to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back