Superliner I Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakadirondack

Lead Service Attendant
Now you'll probably think I’m pretty dumb asking this because most of us know everything about Amtrak, but does anyone know why the Superliner I's have that light strip in-between the 2nd level window and the Red-White-Blue strips, but the Superliner II's don't have that, I’ve always wondered about that. Is there a reson for it?

Amtrakadirondack :)

It is most likely due to the type of material that was used to cover the Phase III. Since SI's were also in Phase II, the way the material dried may have effected the look that it has, just my best guess.

If I think I know what your talking about, both Superliner I and II have a light metal strip below the second level windows.

The strip is noticeable here on a Superliner I Sleeper and on a Superliner II Transition Sleeper.

ek_5.jpg

Amfleet said:
If I think I know what your talking about, both Superliner I and II have a light metal strip below the second level windows.
The strip is noticeable here on a Superliner I Sleeper and on a Superliner II Transition Sleeper.

ek_5.jpg
I see that the Sleeping Car is in the new IVb phase, I think that car was either in the Nodaway, IA or Wendover, UT incident, but I don’t know witch one. ;) ;) ;)

There's a website with great history on all Superliners, and is up to date within a couple of months (it still doesn't list 32100, 34125, and 34126 as scrapped, even though they decidely are). Check them out!

battalion51 said:
There's a website with great history on all Superliners, and is up to date within a couple of months (it still doesn't list 32100, 34125, and 34126 as scrapped, even though they decidely are). Check them out!
Thanks for that! It is really helpful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back