Take the A Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RRrich

Conductor
Last night Wifey and I were watching Turner Classic Network - and they showed "Reveille With Beverly" which featured cuts of Big Bands - including Duke Ellington playing Billy Strayhorn's "Take the A Train" The orchestral segment was preceded by a pic of streamlined diesel (I think) locomotive out in the country.

I was born and raised in New York City - and I know that the A train is the fastest way to get to Harlem, but I have never seen such a loco on the New York City Subway System.

It made me smile and I thought I would share. :rolleyes:

Last night Wifey and I were watching Turner Classic Network - and they showed "Reveille With Beverly" which featured cuts of Big Bands - including Duke Ellington playing Billy Strayhorn's "Take the A Train" The orchestral segment was preceded by a pic of streamlined diesel (I think) locomotive out in the country.
I was born and raised in New York City - and I know that the A train is the fastest way to get to Harlem, but I have never seen such a loco on the New York City Subway System.

It made me smile and I thought I would share. :rolleyes:
I fondly remember the NYC Subway A (and more) trains But I seem to remember a cross country train also called the "A" train. Can anyone confirm this?

Aloha

I fondly remember the NYC Subway A (and more) trains But I seem to remember a cross country train also called the "A" train. Can anyone confirm this?
Aloha
But was the "A" train of your memories the "fastest way to get to Harlem"? :p

Latest posts

Back