The New Canadian

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, all, for your answers ... always best to be informed!!

Back in the '50's and '60's, when some railroads still actually advertised for passengers, the photo's in the ads and brochures always depicted carefully staged professional models. They were always well dressed. Even the children. They usually showed young families travelling coach, and older couples in Pullman.

Just went over to the VIA website today and discovered what you already discovered quite some time ago - the pictures and promo material for the new "deluxe sleeper class" on the Canadian. I think it looks glorious and heavenly. I love the look of the luxurious beds, wood paneled walls, beautiful bathroom with private shower (which I don't think is available in the "cabins for two") AND the television. I for one got a little bored in the evening when it is dark outside and there isn't much to see, so I can definitely see a use for the TV at night.

H and I have been talking about planning a trip on the Canadian, and I think we would probably spring for the deluxe class if we could afford it and depending on the price differential. I think the room service would be nice for breakfast.

Back