Track diagrams

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

Just registered tonight.

Does anyone know where I can get a track diagram for Chicago Union Station and Oakland Western Pacific (depot/terminal), preferably from the California Zephyr era if possible?

Thanks,

John :)

There is a book I have called "Chicago Union Station, A look at its History and Operations Before Amtrak" by Edward M. DeRouin which has some older drawings and such. (amazon link) it might be of some use. May I ask what this is for?

peter

Edit: If your in the chicago area you can get the book at the IRM (IL RR museum) book/gift store.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a book I have called "Chicago Union Station, A look at its History and Operations Before Amtrak" by Edward M. DeRouin which has some older drawings and such. (amazon link) it might be of some use. May I ask what this is for?
peter

Edit: If your in the chicago area you can get the book at the IRM (IL RR museum) book/gift store.
I am planning an N scale layout which will include passenger service featuring the Zephyr from CUS to Oakland. Am looking for diagrams for Denver, Salt Lake City and Oakland depots/stations as well

Thanks for the tip, am close to the IRM and would prefer to add even this small amount of support.

John

The Western Pacific portion of CZ at first shared the SP's Oakland Mole terminal, at a later date, I believe around 1959 they moved to their 3rd Street Station. WP's Third st station was believe it or not single tack in the middle of third street. Street running with cars driving at parked along the sides of the street. The WP station there looked similar to the Walthers Union Station in N scale. Email me off line and I'll forward you the pictures of the third street station that I have found online.

Here is a quick shot of a WP frieght pulling a TOFC Train past 3rd St. Sta.

http://rlehmer.50megs.com/photos/1982/wp3556_oakland.html

The Western Pacific portion of CZ at first shared the SP's Oakland Mole terminal, at a later date, I believe around 1959 they moved to their 3rd Street Station. WP's Third st station was believe it or not single tack in the middle of third street. Street running with cars driving at parked along the sides of the street. The WP station there looked similar to the Walthers Union Station in N scale. Email me off line and I'll forward you the pictures of the third street station that I have found online.

Hi Brad,

johnsclubs at sbcglobal.net

John

John, I edited your email address so as to prevent spam bots from picking it up off the board. Brad can just change the at to an @ when he emails you. For future reference though, you can also just turn on the ability for members to email you by clicking on the My Controls link near the top of the page and then going to Email Controls on the next page. Enabling your email address there allows members to email you, while still protecting you from spammers.

Hi Brad,

johnsclubs at sbcglobal.net

John

John, I edited your email address so as to prevent spam bots from picking it up off the board. Brad can just change the at to an @ when he emails you. For future reference though, you can also just turn on the ability for members to email you by clicking on the My Controls link near the top of the page and then going to Email Controls on the next page. Enabling your email address there allows members to email you, while still protecting you from spammers.
Alan,

Thanks, don't see the "My Controls" link anywhere.

John

Hi Brad,

I've tried to contact you but don't have your email address

Hi Brad,

I've tried to contact you but don't have your email address
Send him a Personal Message or PM. :) You can do that just by clicking on his name above where he made a post, and then choose "Personal Message" from that screen.

Back