Trip Report - Capitol Limited/Southwest Chief/Pacific Surfliner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got back from my first long-distance train trip in years and my very first trip in sleeper accommodations. I had one of the best times of my life on the train - I met the most interesting people, and the Amtrak staff were wonderful. I can't wait to go another train journey!...
Wow, lucky you, trainplane1974! I had not seen your trip report until now and I'm jealous...I need to go on a cross-country train trip ASAP! I'd have my nose pressed up against the window like yourself. There is always something to see outside. Glad you found the lower level accommodations all right - I will be in a family bedroom next spring on the Empire Builder.

Glad you liked the pictures and the report, Acelafan! I did like the lower level. I still think I prefer the upper level slightly for the better view - but it's nice to have the relative peace and quiet down below. In the family bedroom you'll get a window on both sides - so I guess you'll have to run back and forth to "press your nose against" both of them ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back