vegasnotta

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnnycraps

I'm planning my trip home back to new york. I have flown plenty of times to & from. I thought it would be a nice change to take amtrak back to the big apple. I understand though that there is no longer service from las vegas but rather laughlin, nevada. Has anybody taken needles, ca to nyc? How is it with no sleeping car? How long is the bus ride from laughlin, nv to needles, ca? thanks for any advice fellow amtrakeners = :)

Laughlin, Nevada To Needles, California Is From 11:45pm To 12:45am, to connect with the Southwest Chief train 4 in Needles, California and the returning is from 1:30am to 2:15am from Needles, California to Laughlin.

For traveling in coach, I would say its alright if your on a limited budget, but if can afford the extra money I would go for the sleeper.

Remember To Enter This Promotion Code H315 When Booking Online Before June 15th And Save 25 Percent Off Your Travel, Hope This Helps.

Sincerely,

Member Amtrakadirondack

Go to http://www.amtrak.com and type in LAS as the origin and Needles as the destination. The same bus AmtrakAdrionack mentioned above actually begins and ends in Las Vegas (at the airport-not downtown) both coming to and from the Southwest Chief. You would leave on the motorcoach from LAS at 9:45pm heading out ot the Southwest Chief, stopping in Laughlin along the way to pick up passengers.

The Needles station is really a BNSF freight yard... luckily, across the street on the corner, the bus operator (Commuter Carriers) opens a waiting room for ticketed passengers around the time the train is supposed to arrive. I guess it coincides with the time their bus arrives and departs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back