Vermonter

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VT Traveler

I'm thinking of taking the Vermonter down from Essex Junction to DC in late Oct/early Nov. Do people have an opinion about this train? I know it uses Amfleet I equipment, so I'm thinking of buying a business class seat.

Is this line scenic? Is Biz Class the way to go on this train?

I took this train many years ago from Essex Junction to DC in mid September in coach on a Sunday. We tried to get BC seats but it was sold out. I thought the trip was extremely scenic (however, I am from Florida and it does not take much to be scenic for me). I remember that the train was packed with college students. I would have preferred Business Class, but I enjoyed the trip in coach.

Thanks!

One more questions: does anyone know whether late-October is still a good time to catch the fall foliage?

Thanks!

One more questions: does anyone know whether late-October is still a good time to catch the fall foliage?
Should be starting to fade a little and the leaves falling, but still should be a very nice scene!

I agree with the upgrade to Biz Class, the 2x1 Seating in the Cafe Car is the way to roll!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back