Viewliner II Part 4: Sleeping Car Production, Delivery, Speculation

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

pennyk

Conductor
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I know there are a couple of threads here already talking about the new Viewliner II equipment, but I just don't understand them. Or at least I can't figure out how to ascertain the information I'm looking for. That's my bad...

Any idea of when the new Viewliner II sleeper cars will be in-service on the Lake Shore Limited? I've read that they will be rolled-out during 2020 and that they will augment the existing Viewliner cars.

Any specific information and/or dates available out there? Thanks.

(We're on the LSL in early April...I'm just curious.)
Unlikely that the new Viewliner II sleepers will be on the LSL in early April.

StanJazz

Service Attendant
Today I received a new email with a new e-ticket for a Lakeshore Limited trip in August. There are NO changes. Same times, same price. same car and the same room number. Could the change be that the car was changed to a Viewliner II?

OBS

Conductor
Today I received a new email with a new e-ticket for a Lakeshore Limited trip in August. There are NO changes. Same times, same price. same car and the same room number. Could the change be that the car was changed to a Viewliner II?
There is no way they could/would plan something like that this far in advance....

jis

Conductor
AU Lifetime Supporter
Gathering Team Member
I received new tickets for BC NYP - SDY for early March too. I suspect they have made some changes in the reservation system. Unlikely to have anything to do with Viewliners.

Ryan

Conductor
I'll actually be home (not that I'll have anywhere to be), and the sun should actually still be up. I'm game. 97(25) is my target of interest?

pennyk

Conductor
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I'll actually be home (not that I'll have anywhere to be), and the sun should actually still be up. I'm game. 97(25) is my target of interest?
Since I am losing track of what day it is, if someone will remind me (Ryan or Betty), I will try to get a look at it on the 26th.

AmtrakBlue

Conductor
Gathering Team Member
I "caught" the new sleepers yesterday at NRK (Newark, DE). They went by in a blur, of course.

pennyk

Conductor
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
I "caught" the new sleepers today at a SunRail station a couple of miles north of ORL. They went by in a blur, also, but not as fast as through NRK, according to Betty. I was took a video showing 2 coaches and 2 new sleepers deadheading but am unable to post. I have texted the video to at least one computer genius. Maybe he is able to post. :)

railiner

Conductor
New Viewliner sleeper's? I wish I'd have known that...I passed thru Hialeah this morning on Tri-Rail...didn't look very hard, just glanced at the Amtrak equipment...:oops:

pennyk

Conductor
Staff member
Administator
Gathering Team Member
New Viewliner sleeper's? I wish I'd have known that...I passed thru Hialeah this morning on Tri-Rail...didn't look very hard, just glanced at the Amtrak equipment...:oops:
I assume the new sleepers are on their way to Hialeah now.

Group Builder