Warbonnet

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warbonnet

Service Attendant
Can Guest Reward points still be earned with hotel stays at other hotels in the Hilton Hotel family (Hampton, Doubletree, Embassy Suites, Homewood, etc) other than the Hilton? The Amtrak website make no mention of these hotels any longer. Are they still qualifing hotels? Thanks.

Wb

Yes, you can earn GR points at all Hilton family hotels. There are two ways to earn points now, either fixed points or variable points. Fixed points gives you 500 points per stay at all brands, except for Hampton Inns, which only give you 100 points per stay.

Variable points get you one point for each dollar spent on your room folio.

MrFSS said:
Yes, you can earn GR points at all Hilton family hotels
Alan - do you know if I can transfer already received points for past stays at Hilton to my GR account?

Tom
Tom,

What do you mean by already received points? Are you refering to the actual HH points that one gets or mileage points that you earned for an airline FF program?

HH allows for double dipping, which can give you both HH points and points/miles in your favorite FF program.

If you are refering to airline miles, then you'd have to see what option if any that program might have with Amtrak or another third party.

If you are refering to HH points, then yes you can transfer them to Amtrak. But be warned it's not a great exchange rate, 10,000 HH points only buys 1,500 Amtrak points. Going the other way is actually better, as 5,000 Amtrak points nets 10,000 HH points. I don't know why the exchange rate is so horrible. Details are available here on the HH website.

You should also know that if you have enough HH points, you can buy Amtrak vacations directly with your points. Details on those packages can be found here.

If you are refering to HH points, then yes you can transfer them to Amtrak. But be warned it's not a great exchange rate, 10,000 HH points only buys 1,500 Amtrak points. Going the other way is actually better, as 5,000 Amtrak points nets 10,000 HH points. I don't know why the exchange rate is so horrible. Details are available here on the HH website.
Before I retired several years ago I traveled quite a bit and belonged to many different airline/hotel programs. I'm slowly using some of those points in various ways. I have a few Hilton points, but probably not 10,000, that I accumulated over the years. I was just wondering if I could convert them to something I could use. I have a bunch of hotel points from different chains but never enough with most of them for even a free night!

Thanks for the info.

MrFSS said:
Before I retired several years ago I traveled quite a bit and belonged to many different airline/hotel programs. I'm slowly using some of those points in various ways. I have a few Hilton points, but probably not 10,000, that I accumulated over the years. I was just wondering if I could convert them to something I could use. I have a bunch of hotel points from different chains but never enough with most of them for even a free night!
Thanks for the info.
In that case, I'd check out the balances in each of your hotels accounts, along with their transfer partners. You may find that Continental One Pass is available as a transfer for most of the hotels programs.

If that's true, then transfer those odd balances to One Pass. From there you can move the combined balance into Amtrak's Guest Rewards and do something with those points.

Back