1/22 91 and 97 delayed by broken down coal train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmtrakWPK

Conductor
AU Supporting Member
Honored Member
SB CSX Coal train 155 broke a knuckle south of South End, Longwood, and blocked the main for 91 and 97 for an hour or so, started moving again about 11:30 a.m. 91 was right behind it and 97 ended up right behind 91 at South End, Longwood. 91 started moving about 11:38 and 97 at about 11:44. Station agents at WP and ORL will be stuck with two complete trains back to back.

Well don't forget that 97 has to wait for 91 to release the Orlando #2 block since they're running against the flow of traffic through the Double Track.

Ah, so thats what happened to train 97 on Saturday. I happened to be at West Palm Beach heading up to Orlando via 710 and 441. On 710 I saw 97 going south, and then stop on a siding for over 45 mins. For some reason the dispatcher had him waiting on the siding for a freight. But the both ends of the block stayed red for over45 mins. He had plenty of time to get to West Palm Station too. I talked to the engineer about what traffic he ran into, and he said they got held up in Longwood. He also said at the rate they were going 91 was about to catch up to them again. 97 was waiting there so long that the passengers were getting impatient, looking out the window, the engineer was out looking around at nature, and the baggage car attendant was swinging on the baggage car door. I suggested to the engineer to lead a nature hike with the passengers to pass the time. :D . I ended up leaving before the train left because it was getting late and I was ready to return home.

Back