10 dead, 25 injured after bus carrying wedding guests crashes in Australia

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Australia - Hunter Valley crash: Bus driver going too fast, police say

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-65886519
The 58-year-old bus driver has been charged with multiple counts of dangerous driving and negligence, after being arrested on Monday.

He was allegedly driving "in a manner that was inconsistent with the conditions", the NSW Police Traffic and Highway Patrol Commander told reporters on Tuesday.

"He lost control of that vehicle... obviously the speed was too quick for him to negotiate that roundabout," Acting Commissioner David Waddell added.

Australia - Hunter Valley crash: Bus driver going too fast, police say

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-65886519
The 58-year-old bus driver has been charged with multiple counts of dangerous driving and negligence, after being arrested on Monday.

He was allegedly driving "in a manner that was inconsistent with the conditions", the NSW Police Traffic and Highway Patrol Commander told reporters on Tuesday.

"He lost control of that vehicle... obviously the speed was too quick for him to negotiate that roundabout," Acting Commissioner David Waddell added.
How incredibly sad—especially more so since it was avoidable.

Driving too fast for conditions is a lame charge. There a reason why the bus flipped. Yes it could be just the driver going above the speed limit, or a driver unfamiliar with the road and a street sign missing. One is the driver fault the other is a maintenance issue.

The BBC is reporting foggy conditions, so this would be the reason for this charge. Still lame but it’s a catch all charge.

My community has some really tight curves going thur it. One is 15 mph and one 20 mph the signs for our curves keep going missing. I know it a sharp curve, I do worry for those truck driver who never been on this road. I don’t know why, but they’re a certain company of trucks that are heading for a yogurt plant that commonly use this road.

Anyways not sure if the seat belts would prevent the deaths, there is two green tarp in the pictures. That would indicate there was a passenger or two that was sucked/ejected through the window. Now a seat belt would help, but maybe not enough.

Last edited:
Back