10 percent penalty

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLOND37

OBS Chief
Not to sound snippy but lol.. Someone needs - and correct me if I'm wrong -to tell telephone reps that the 10% things does not apply to even exchanges. Three times I had to explain that to the rep. This last time the rep yelled me three times insisting as of Jan 24 10% penalty applies to even exchanges.

I did an even exchange at Wash Union Station earlier this month with no penalty. Didn't even think about that possibility. Was just happy that I could get an earlier train at the same price I paid for my ticket a few days earlier.

It wasn't even money. I used 20,000 points under the old system and cancelled that. Then they "rebooked" me under the new system for about 15000 points. Then I was hit with a 2000 point penalty.

It wasn't even money. I used 20,000 points under the old system and cancelled that. Then they "rebooked" me under the new system for about 15000 points. Then I was hit with a 2000 point penalty.
The new AGR program as it began in late January imposes penalties of 10 (sometimes 20) percent for cancellations or changes that result in some or all points (aka refund) being put back into your AGR account.

The new AGR program as it began in late January imposes penalties of 10 (sometimes 20) percent for cancellations or changes that result in some or all points (aka refund) being put back into your AGR account.
I Know... I was just giving my example of what happened. I knew I was going to be charged the penalty.

Back