10 Tips for Riding the Rails

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aunty Gail

I noticed my recent post was taken down for some reason, so I am reposting. After all, it's freedom of speech and I wish to give future Amtrak patrons sound advice about travel. I am known as Aunty Gail of the Rails- many people come to me for advice when traveling Amtrak. I am 58 years old, been around the tracks a while to know how it all works. Below are 10 tips surely to help your travels.

Last edited:
You seem like a miserable person...hope you end up in jail for smacking someone's kids.

I've personally seen the effects of bucket pricing, so no to #1. I remember trying to price a NYP-PHI ticket, and the prices varied throughout the day because some of the trains were already into the higher priced bucket while others were at the basic bucket. I've tried looking at a specific route for the CS and it was the same price well in advance (presumably when it's purely in the lowest bucket) and closer to departure I see some that have gone up.

As for #9 I've personally talked to some conductors about alcohol. And some say they don't care as long as a drinker doesn't act up. However, that's up to the discretion of the conductor. The rules that outside alcohol isn't allowed in coach gives them the discretion to put off someone immediately if someone is intoxicated. Merely being intoxicated is one thing. Being intoxicated and found with an open can of PBR makes it too easy to justify in a report.

this sure looks like a troll, a post to try to inflame others and get some folks here riled up. I have to admit, some of these tips really got me laughing though....

The info is just plain wrong on several counts... I think there should be a Gail Warning about some aunties. God forbid that I ever encounter an Amtrak coach sing-song!

Ed :cool:

I noticed my recent post was taken down for some reason, so I am reposting. After all, it's freedom of speech and I wish to give future Amtrak patrons sound advice about travel.
Freedom of speech applies to the government. Private venues such as this one have no such protection.

Advocating illegal actions will never be tolerated here by the staff.

I noticed my recent post was taken down for some reason, so I am reposting. After all, it's freedom of speech and I wish to give future Amtrak patrons sound advice about travel. I am known as Aunty Gail of the Rails- many people come to me for advice when traveling Amtrak. I am 58 years old, been around the tracks a while to know how it all works. Below are 10 tips surely to help your travels.
Gail,

Your post was taken down because it is full of insults, misinformation, and as opposed to "sound advice" it's advice that could get someone thrown off of an Amtrak train (if not arrested, as smacking a child can be considered child abuse). So I'll ask you not to repost it again, unless you first clean things up and provide actual, useful advice that is not chocked full of nonsense. The staff has been instructed to immediately hide any future posts by you that contain the same basic content of bad information.

And this is a privately owned and operated forum. There is no right to free speech, only the rights that the owners choose to grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back