12 Hours To Go

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
Well, my annual summer train trip begins tomorrow morning. Here is the itinerary:

June 8th, 2004

-Train #19, Southbound Crescent, Coach, to New Orleans

June 9th, 2004

-Train #1, Westbound Sunset limited, Superliner Standard Sleeper, to Los Angeles

June 11th, 2004

-Train # ___, Southbound Surfliner, Business Class, to San Diego

Will have pictures and a report posted when I get back!

AMTRAK-P42 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
haha, unfortunately the plane is the only way to get back this time due to time constraints.
Hey listen for me on the Radio when your on #1 between NOL and Lafayette. :D
Will do! :)
You will be on #1 on Fri right

Also the engineer you will have from NOL to Lafayette is a good freind of mine engineer Adams is his last name.

AMTRAK-P42 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
haha, unfortunately the plane is the only way to get back this time due to time constraints.
Hey listen for me on the Radio when your on #1 between NOL and Lafayette. :D
Will do! :)
You will be on #1 on Fri right
Nah, I will be on #1 Wednesday.
Ok my freind might be the engineer on Wed depending on how late #2 gets into NOL he has only worked on Wed t time in the last month because #2 has been so damn late Like i said his last name is Adams.

Well we delayed #1 today i was on the NS 9303 the first West bound in the pack of 3.The damn Dispatcher had me stoped at Milepost 80 for an hour when Amtrak said they were at Milepost 52 and the train behind me was at milepost 70.That DAMN DISPATCHER has it out for me but i want to say i am sorry for what happened i think BNSF delayed Amtrak about 1 hr or more today they made them take the siding at Cade for a eastbound out of lafayette.I did highball Amtrak at Baldwin were we had to take the siding at the last min i went dead when i pulled into Lafayette Yd because of that damn dispatcher that screwd this whole day up. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Well I am back!

(Indeed we did take the siding at cade for about 45 minutes)

I am real tired but will have the trip report posted in the next couple of days. All in all things went great. Sunset arrived about 6 hours late into LA, my Crescent ran about 40 min late, and the surfliner was 20 minutes late due to a medical emergency at San Juan Cap.

Oh, the weirdest thing BNSF1088! I just saw your post about the railfan who caught a picture of your train. Well, I remember seeing your exact train when we passed it, and was thinking what a cool consist. Very cool!

Matt which train were you on? (Engine #'ll do the job) He had a couple of pictures from the same day on the Lafayette Sub.

AMTRAK-P42 said:
Oh, the weirdest thing BNSF1088! I just saw your post about the railfan who caught a picture of your train. Well, I remember seeing your exact train when we passed it, and was thinking what a cool consist. Very cool!
Didn't you love our train dispatcher LLA that dumb idiot. :angry:

BNSF_1088 said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
Yea when you passed me i was walking up from lining behind at Baldwin you guys whized by at 70mph you almost got a car at the crossing at baldwin.

BNSF_1088 said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
Yea, our conductor was pissed about the order on that siding.

AMTRAK-P42 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
Yea, our conductor was pissed about the order on that siding.
Well i got LLA back the other day my ETD batery fell out 30 mph from New Iberia all the way to Avondale he was pissed we were all just having a good time listiong to him whine over the radio asking evrey train if they had an extra battery. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back