#14 CS in 3 weeks - has been 25+ years

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sldispatcher

Train Attendant
I'm happy to report after 25 years (I'm 39), I'm returning to an overnight Amtrak Train.

My wife has never done such a thing.

We have, with my parental units, Bedrooms E & D.

This will be a "trial" run for perhaps some bigger efforts in the future. The wife is quite prissy, but adventurous. I expect her to enjoy the PPC (if it is on the consist that day). We are scheduled to get off in Portland.

Rental cars are needed, but look difficult to find in that area at that time of day. (Saturday) ...so I've got one at the airport reserved.

I'm thankful for all of the postings on this board....I'll be taking my broadband laptop and attempting to post a rolling trip report as we head northbound.

Our pre-departure hotel in LA is the Wilshire Grand...I'm anticipating getting to the station at 915am via cab from the hotel....

I'd like to see the consist roll in ....but also know that enjoying the TRAXX club and the station itself would be a great thing in and of itself.

Here's to seeing America at See Level! :rolleyes:

I'm happy to report after 25 years (I'm 39), I'm returning to an overnight Amtrak Train.
My wife has never done such a thing.

We have, with my parental units, Bedrooms E & D.

This will be a "trial" run for perhaps some bigger efforts in the future. The wife is quite prissy, but adventurous. I expect her to enjoy the PPC (if it is on the consist that day). We are scheduled to get off in Portland.

Rental cars are needed, but look difficult to find in that area at that time of day. (Saturday) ...so I've got one at the airport reserved.

I'm thankful for all of the postings on this board....I'll be taking my broadband laptop and attempting to post a rolling trip report as we head northbound.

Our pre-departure hotel in LA is the Wilshire Grand...I'm anticipating getting to the station at 915am via cab from the hotel....

I'd like to see the consist roll in ....but also know that enjoying the TRAXX club and the station itself would be a great thing in and of itself.

Welcome and we look forward to your full report!

Last time I rode the Starlight we got both. Sat in Traxx for about half an hour, then the conductor took us out to the platform just as the consist was rolling in, friendly yard hand waving from the last coach. Have fun!

Rob

Thanks for the encouragement....I'm looking forward to it.

Anyone have a suggestion on what time to get to LAUPT?

Thanks for the encouragement....I'm looking forward to it.
Anyone have a suggestion on what time to get to LAUPT?
Aloha

Depends how much time would you like to explore such a beautiful station.

Here are a bunch of AU members in the area near where the tunnel to the tracks are.

396142997_5Bdx2-S.jpg

Thought I had some others but not on my Picture Gallery Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back