2013 exceptions now gone?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crescent2

Conductor
I just phoned AGR re a proposed trip that my two Amtrak converts and I wanted to book before the rules change.

I was told that CZ to sb CS is no longer allowed on a single AGR award; it would require two 1-zone awards. This used to be covered under the AGR exceptions (alternate direct route for sleeper award, and 23.5 hour).

We are not at the point of booking, so I did not ask for a supervisor. Just wondering if what I was told is correct now. I knew the CZ-CS was no longer a published route, but I thought it was still covered by the AGR exceptions for sleeper awards. (See locked thread at the top of this forum for a review of those.)

Also, unrelated to the above: Would a Pacific Surfliner run from LA to San Diego be a nice addition for three sight-seers? We were thinking of adding that and flying back from San Diego instead of from LA if it's worthwhile.

As always, many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The website still states:

Where sleeping car service is not offered for the entire published route, and where an alternate direct routing exists with sleeping car service on all segments, the alternate routing is allowed. (Example: Denver, CO to Los Angeles, CA on Trains 5 and 11)
Call back up, remind them to look at their own website and book your trip. :D

Back